One Ph.D. position available - Date 24.11.2022
In the frame of an interdisciplinary Research Training Group (iRTG) from the Medical Faculty of the Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) and the Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, my lab has one Ph.D. Position available.
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Life Science and excellent academic performance
- Practical and theoretic experience in the field of molecular biology, immunology, cell biology or bioinformatics
- Very good knowledge of English
- High level of motivation, ambition and scientific interest.
The applicant should provide the following admission documents in English:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of earned University degrees and prior undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- References: Contact information of two University professors and possibly two letters of recommendation
The iRTG is associated with the Collaborative Research Center TRR 241 “Immune-Epithelial Communication in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases”, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). TRR 241 is a comprehensive framework which aims to study the cross-talk between intestinal epithelial cells and immune cells in order to understand the mechanisms underlying IBD pathogenesis and develop new therapeutic targets. For more information on our research please visit: https://transregio241-en.webspace.rrze.de/our-research/
We offer the opportunity to be integrated into a dynamic Erlangen-Berlin research network and to perform research under the supervision of leading scientists in the field. The structured educational program provided by the iRTG will qualify the PhD researchers of the TRR 241 for a future scientific career at the interface between clinical and biological research.
Applications from prospective diploma, medical or master students are welcome at any time.
Please send your application via email.
Your application should contain:
- a motivation letter
- your CV